We’re calling on all Detroiters (and those that love Detroit) to send us their best images of the city. Selected photos will be posted on the Cultural Weekly Facebook page via one of four themed albums:
1. PEOPLE OF DETROIT – Show us the fine people of Motown living life to the fullest!
2. ARCHITECTURE OF DETROIT – Interiors and exteriors are welcomed. (NOTE: We are not interested in “ruins of Detroit” type of images – been there, done that)
3. STREET ART OF DETROIT – Find the best gems to show off the creativity and talent of the streets.
4. CULTURAL WEEKLY IN DETROIT – Send us photos of our homepage (on a phone, tablet, laptop, etc) somewhere in Detroit. Feel free to be creative!
We are looking for photos that show the world more than just burnt out buildings, roaming packs of dogs and…well you get it.
Detroit is vibrant, alive and evolving. These conditions mean creativity has never been more exciting, so show it off!
The three photos with the most “Likes” in each album will be published on CulturalWeekly.com!
(Be sure to tell all your friends and family)
INSTRUCTIONS AND NOTES:
1. Send your photos to email@example.com
2. Include your name and a one-line caption that tells us something about the image.
3. We will begin posting images on Sunday, August 11, 2013 at Noon PT/3pm ET(you will be emailed shortly after they go live).
4. Deadline for “Likes” is 11:59 PM (PT) on Wednesday, August 21, 2013. We’ll begin posting images on CulturalWeekly.com Sunday, August 25th.
5. By sending us your photo:
a. You are saying that you took the photo and own the rights to it.
b. You are granting Cultural Weekly permission to publish it only. You retain all ownership to the photo.
6. Send us as many images as you want! We can’t promise that all will be selected, but the more the merrier.
HAVE FUN AND SHOW THE WORLD THE POSITIVE SIDE OF DETROIT!!
POSTED 8/7/13 AT 1:30 PM (PT).