3 WINNERS will receive $200 each, plus publication. 6 FINALISTS will receive $50 each, plus publication. Scroll down for Submission Form. Please follow the rules.
Cultural Weekly’s 8th Annual “Jack Grapes Poetry Prize” is open for submission. This contest is FREE to enter.
- You may submit up to 2, previously unpublished poems. If it has appeared in any book, magazine or edited website, including Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, then it is published.
- NO SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS.
- All submissions must be made through our submission portal. You may submit only once. Choose your best work!
- You must follow the formatting rules. Submissions that do not follow these rules may not be considered.
- Submissions must be in .doc, .docx, or .pages format. (No “txt” “pdf” or other formats).
- Your submissions must all be in a single document. In other words, if you submit 2 poems, they should both be in 1 document, not in 2 separate documents.
- Make the name of the file the title of your first poem. There should be NO APOSTROPHES in the file name!
- Pages must be numbered.
- No unusual spacing or fonts. 12 point, Times New Roman preferred.
- The judges will read all submissions blind. List the titles of your poems on the cover page. Remember: your name, address, phone number and email address must appear on the cover page only! All other pages of your submission must contain NO identifying information.
- No poems will be accepted after August 31st, 2020, Midnight, Pacific Time. No entries will be considered after that date.
- By entering this contest you guarantee that the work you are submitting is your own original poetry, that it has never been published electronically (including on any social media site such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or on your own blog), or in print, and that it has not been submitted nor accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Cultural Weekly’s poetry editor will contact all those who submitted with the results soon after the contest ends. Your patience is appreciated. The decision of the judges is final.
Please add [email protected] to your contact list so you don’t miss any notifications!